Arsenal v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final predictions, betting tips and match preview for the 2016-17 FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on Sunday April 22.
Arsenal v Manchester City Predictions
Arsenal v Manchester City Odds
Arsenal v Manchester City Betting Tips
Arsenal claimed only their second Premier League win since January 22nd when beating Middlesbrough 2-1 on Monday night but it was far from convincing from Arsene Wenger's men. The Frenchman adopted a new 3-4-3 tactic and was lauded for it but, in truth, Arsenal were poor against one of the weakest sides in the top flight. It was hardly a morale boosting victory and it won't have installed massive confidence in the players that they can go to Wembley and beat Manchester City.
City have had their own troubles since Christmas and a UEFA Champions League exit to Monaco was chief amongst them. Pep Guardiola was asked to win the treble in his first season in England but the most he can now hope for is a top four finish and an FA Cup win, which is a pretty scant return for a side with City's resources.
The mood in the City camp is, however, mostly still positive. There is an acknowledgement that Guardiola is moving in the right direction and the impressive performances of Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane, aged 22 and 21 respectively, plus the emergence of Gabriel Jesus, have given the supporters hope for next season and beyond. Gabriel won't be fit for Sunday's FA Cup semi-final but Sterling and Sane should start and if Wenger plays his 3-4-3 formation then the pair will have plenty of space to run into on the flanks. Both, therefore, look like good bets to score and the odds on Sane in particular are generous.
City's price is also too big in a match where it's really tough to see Arsenal making an impact. The Gunners continually come up short when playing against other top four sides or against Europe's best in the Champions League and this will be the case again. A weak defence, flimsy midfield and an even flimsier mentality have cost Arsenal for years and if they exit the FA Cup then it could finally cost Wenger his job. Guardiola, meanwhile, looks set to stay with City for years to come and can look forward to some silverware, perhaps starting this season.
Arsenal v Manchester City Team News
- Gabriel Jesus and Ilkay Gundogan remain long-term absentees for Manchester City
- John Stones missed the win over Southampton but is expected to be back for Sunday's match
- Hector Bellerin and Shokdran Mustafi should return to the Arsenal starting side after missing out against Middlesbrough
- Lucas Perez, Danny Welbeck and David Ospina will not make it back to full fitness in time though and will join Santi Cazorla on the sidelines.
Arsenal v Manchester City Match Stats
- Arsenal have won just three of their last nine Premier League matches
- The Gunners are unbeaten in 20 of their last 21 FA Cup fixtures although their last two were against non-league opposition
- Manchester City have won five of their last ten in all competitions
- City have won just two of their last seven against Arsenal, the Gunners have won two and three have been drawn
- All three of those draws have been by a 2-2 scoreline
- There have been Over 2.5 Goals in 7 of the last 9 matches between Arsenal and Man City
Arsenal v Manchester City Recommended Bets