New England and Atlanta made history a couple of years ago when they needed overtime to determine the winner of the Super Bowl – could we see more of the same when the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs meet in Miami on Sunday?
READ MORE: Get our free Super Bowl tips for San Francisco 49ers v Kansas City Chiefs.
It was just two years ago that New England appeared to be dead to rights as they trailed 28-3 midway through the third quarter, but instead of waving the white flag they staged a record-setting fightback that saw them put up 25 unanswered points to force overtime, and they then completed that sensational comeback when James White went in from two yards for the game-winning touchdown in the additional period.
New England’s comeback was the biggest in the history of the Super Bowl, but it was not the only history-making moment because it was also the first time that the NFL’s showpiece game had needed extra time to determine a winner.
Normal service was resumed 12 months ago when the Patriots made it back-to-back Super Bowl wins by shutting down the Los Angeles Rams, but this year’s game is shaping up to be a close game with the bookmakers giving both San Francisco and Kansas City an excellent shot at winning it.
While the Chiefs are the favourites at 4/5 in the Money Line (match winner) market, the 49ers are far from written off at 21/20 so this could well be a game that goes right down to the wire. And who knows, Super Bowl LIV could be that closely contested that we may need more than 60 minutes of play to determine who lifts the Vince Lombardi Trophy!
Fancy that to happen? If you do then bookmaker William Hill has the price boost for you because the firm is now offering all eligible online customers the opportunity to claim an enhanced 10/1 on San Francisco v Kansas City to go to overtime on Sunday night – with all winnings to be paid in CASH!
All you need to do is follow the simple instructions below if you expect Super Bowl LIV to go to overtime…
How To Claim This Price Boost
- Visit the William Hill website
- Sign into your account or register for a new one
- Select American Football from the left-hand menu on the homepage
- Click on the yellow ‘10/1’ odds box next to ‘Game To Go To Overtime – Was 8/1’ at the top of the page or select ‘San Francisco 49ers at Kansas City Chiefs’ and look under enhanced odds and click on the yellow odds box for the enhancement there
- Enter your stake into the betslip and click on the green ‘Place Bet’ button
- If Super Bowl LIV goes to overtime, William Hill will pay out your winnings in cash (ie. a £10 stake will lead to a return of £110).