Novak Djokovic has the chance to make history in Cincinnati next month. If he wins the title he'll become the first player to have won all nine of the Masters 1000 tournaments.You can watch Djokovic's Cincinnati campaign live for free at 365 > live streaming > tennis.
Novak Djokovic has been one of the ATP's best players since 2007, and from 2011 onwards he's been arguably the best player in the world. Following his incredible achievements in recent years the Serbinator has the opportunity to make history at next month's Western and Southern Open. Should Djokovic win the title, he'll become the first singles players to have won all nine of the ATP's Masters 1000 series events.
The achievement is so unprecedented that the ATP World Tour and the Western & Southern Open have created a competition encouraging fans to create a name for the unprecedented sweep. Believe it or not, Djokovic could have completed the sweep at the Monte Carlo Masters this year had he not been beaten in four Cincinnati finals. This is the one title that has remained elusive.
.Djokovic after winning this year's Monte Carlo Masters. (Clive Brunskill/Getty Images)
Djokovic currently holds a 14-10 record in Masters finals and he'll surely be fired up about the chance of making this 15-10 in August. This sweep could provide the Djoker with the best consolation prize imaginable following his failure to complete the Career Grand Slam at Roland Garros this year. Djokovic gave it his all in Paris but couldn't deny the relentless charge of Rafael Nadal in their thrilling five-set semi-final.Djokovic's Masters titles so far:Miami 2007
- d. Guillermo Canas 6-3, 6-2, 6-4Rogers Cup 2007
- d. Roger Federer 7-6(2), 2-6, 7-6(2)Indian Wells 2008
- d. Mardy Fish 6-2, 5-7, 6-3Rome 2008
- d. Stanislas Wawrinka 4-6, 6-3, 6-3Paris 2009
- d. Gael Monfils 6-2, 5-7, 7-6(3)Indian Wells 2011
- d. Rafael Nadal - 4-6, 6-3, 6-2Miami 2011
- d. Rafael Nadal 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(4)Madrid 2011
- d. Rafael Nadal 7-5, 6-4Rome 2011
- d. Rafael Nadal 6-4, 6-4Rogers Cup 2011
- d. Mardy Fish 6-2, 3-6, 6-4Miami 2012
- d. Andy Murray 6-1, 7-6(4)Rogers Cup 2012
- d. Richard Gasquet 6-3, 6-2Shanghai 2012
- d. Andy Murray 5-7, 7-6(11), 6-3Monte Carlo 2013
- d. Rafael Nadal 6-2, 7-6(1)